Holly and I discuss chapter 9 of Claire Weekes’ “Hope And Help For Your Nerves”. This chapter discusses the nature of recovery and the road to being yourself again. We touched on a bunch of topics here. These include:
* Your symptoms will not immediately go away, and may even worsen during recovery.
* You cannot simply decide to not be afraid. You must LEARN to not be afraid.
* We discuss the use of medication in conjunction with recovery.
* Keeping occupied – not being wholly consumed at all times with recovery – is essential.
* Quick recovery is possible and does happen for some people.
* A big part of recovery is understanding that what you think is keeping you stuck.
* Setbacks can and likely will happen, but they’re not really setbacks if you frame them properly and learn from them.
You can buy Hope and Help From Your Nerves by following the Amazon links from my website:
Want to support my work in some way? Here's how to do that!
Join The Discussion Group
My Links (social media, podcasts, etc.)
Intro/Outro Music: "Afterglow" by Ben Drake (With Permission)
Subscribe To My Newsletter
Get notified when I publish new episodes! Get book updates, helpful information, inspiration and encouragement you can use in your recovery plan.