^^ LISTEN HERE ^^
Holly and I discuss chapter 9 of Claire Weekes’ “Hope And Help For Your Nerves”. This chapter discusses the nature of recovery and the road to being yourself again. Some of the highlights:
* Your symptoms will not immediately go away, and may even worsen during recovery.
* You cannot simply decide to not be afraid. You must LEARN to not be afraid.
* We discuss the use of medication in conjunction with recovery.
* Keeping occupied – not being wholly consumed at all times with recovery – is essential.
* Quick recovery is possible and does happen for some people.
* A big part of recovery is understanding that what you think is keeping you stuck.
* Setbacks can and likely will happen, but they’re not really setbacks if you frame them properly and learn from them.
You can buy Hope and Help From Your Nerves by following the Amazon links from my website:
Join The Discussion Group
My Links (social media, podcasts, etc.)